Start Date is not before End Date
Filter Events by
- Must live, work, or attend school in the Metropolitan Library System's service area or have a current Metropolitan Library System Card.
- Eligible participants may submit a maximum of 2 entries in all categories.
- A completed online entry form must accompany each submission. Incomplete forms and/or entries will not be judged.
- April 1st, 2018 is the submission deadline.
Fictional work with a fully developed theme, significantly shorter and less elaborate than a novel.
Work expressing feelings and/or ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm.
Work based on a single subject matter, often giving the author's personal opinion.
- Not be copied from any other sources,
- Not have been previously published, and
- Be 3,000 words or less.
This event has been cancelled.
Adults can improve their reading, spelling, and writing skills in this free class. The class meets twice a week on MOndays and Wednesdays and is coordinated by Community Literacy Centers (CLC). For Questions or to enroll please call (405) 524-7323.
Ever watched Slam Poetry online? Ever thought “I could do that.” Well, now you can! Celebrate National Poetry Month by taking this poetry writing workshop to unlock your inner muse and learn to write poetry like the pros! Unique styles of creative writing will put your passions to paper. Poems written in this workshop help prepare for a Poetry Slam event later in the month where you can choose to showcase your brilliance. This is a Teens Only workshop.